Basingstoke Chinese Massage
Oriental Medic and Herbs
Basingstoke Chinese Massage, we offer a full range of massages, relaxing full body massage, Deep tissue massage, and Swedish massage. We also offer Reflexology (foot massage) and Hot cupping / massage. We offer a very personal and authentic service.
Our team of Asian masseuses are changed every two weeks and are fully trained in authentic Chinese massage styles.
The salon has been newly decorated from floor to ceiling with modern touch.
- Individual private shower facilities in each therapy room
- Very newly, modern but intimate salon has been newly decorated from floor to ceiling.
Do visit us soon at Basingstoke Chinese Massage or call us to find out more about why our clients keep coming back.
It is important us to make all our clients feel at home. We have shower facilities for you to freshen up after your session. We select our Asian masseuses carefully and they are changed every one to two weeks. They are all are fully trained in authentic Chinese massage styles and most originate directly from China or other parts of Asia
We try to give our most to our clients, many of who are regular visitors to the spa. Please visit us at we offer a full range of Chinese massage, Thai massage, and full body massages.
Our team of Asian masseuses are changed every two weeks and are fully trained in authentic Thai and Chinese massage styles.
We take same day bookings and advance bookings by phone.
This marvelous treatment as a branch of Chinese medicine also has a long history. The earliest record on massage is in the inscriptions on bones or tortoise shells of the Shang Dynasty. During the Spring and Autumn Period (770 – 476 BC), a story that a miracle-working doctor Bian Que. He healed the faint prince through massage was written down, illustrating the amazing effect in such an early time. In the Northern and Southern Dynasties (386 – 589), six techniques of hand massage evolved. These became more professional, such as to strand, twiddle, knead and roll, which are still widely used. Today it has developed over 20 varieties of techniques and the study on of it is thriving.
Depending on the strength and direction of hand, the power sinking into the body differs. Consequently some reach only the skin, some to the pulses, muscle and even marrow. The effects of massage have been affirmed by people who have experienced it That is, relieving the bones and muscles, , adjusting dislocation of the joints, removal of muscle spasm and so on. Today the massage by the blind in China has been a fashion because of the effect and the provision of work chance.
- Arellano, V. (2015). What is Chinese massage? Retrieved from http://www.livestrong.com/article/119168-chinese-massage/
- Braverman, J. (2013). Chinese massage benefits. Retrieved from http://www.livestrong.com/article/123084-benefits- chinese-massage/
- Chinese massage. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://learn.healthpro.com/chinese-massage/
- Liu, Z. (2011). Clinical study of traditional Chinese massage combined with music therapy in treatment of cerebral palsy. Pediatric Research, 70, 336. doi:10.1038/pr.2011.561
- What to expect at your massage session. (n.d.) Retrieved from https://www.amtamassage.org/findamassage/expect.html